The “How to Pack for a Move Checklist” available to Atlanta residents, will help with the preparing for any home move in Georgia.
- Gather all packing supplies required – bubble wraps, newspapers, scissors, heavy duty packaging tape (not duct tape), marking pens, padding supplies and moving boxes of different sizes.
- Wrap each item individually with enough layers of bubble wrap or newspaper.
- Pack heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on the top, inside the boxes.
- Pack heavy items such as books in a small box and don’t over pack the boxes. The maximum weight should be 50 lbs.
- Use newspaper/ linen/ pillow cases to fill empty spaces inside the boxes.
- Pack everything that belongs in a particular room together.
- Start packing one room at a time, packing smaller items first, to get them out of the way.
- Tape and mark each box clearly with the room, items and if it is breakable or not.
- Keep all extension cords and adapters in one box.
- Place all screws/ bolts back into an item – where possible – after it has been taken apart. Alternatively, place it in clearly marked Ziploc bags, according to contents and room, and place the Ziploc bags with all used hardware in one box.
- Take a photo of how your electronics are connected to assist with setting up.
- Cover the openings of your toiletries with saran wrap, and then put the tops back on. Pack it into separate plastic bags for double protection against leakage.
- Pack plates vertically, like records, as it will be less likely to break with any impact.
- Pack a box labeled as an “Open First” box, with items which you have been using until the date of the move.
- If you do hire movers, be sure to read the fine print and make sure you learn about their moving and packing instructions and conditions.
- Make your last grocery trip two weeks prior to your move.
- Defrost your refrigerator at least a day before your move and wipe up any liquid.
- Read instructions, in appliance’s manuals, regarding moving your appliances, otherwise ask your moving company.
For a committed attitude to providing extraordinary customer service give The Green Truck Moving & Storage in Atlanta a call at (615) 788 6982.