Every move, whether residential or business, is unique and requires a variety of needs, both standard and customized. A long-distance move can require a great deal more planning and research. It is important that you take adequate time to research your long distance moving company and ensure that your company of choice has a U.S. DOT number and appropriate credentials as well.
In addition to their credentials, it is imperative that you, as the homeowner, are comfortable with the level and type of communications a long distance moving company provides. You want to be able to get in touch with your moving planner at all times, which is why having the ability to contact your point person is essential to your comfort and to your successful move. Whether you have questions or concerns, want to make any type of changes, or perhaps just have the need to talk about your upcoming move, ensuring ongoing support of your move coordinator is important. Furthermore, you want a moving company that is not only the best at what they do, but also cost-effective, reliable, dependable, able to accommodate your individual needs and customize your move.
That is where the professionals here at The Green Truck Moving & Storage come in. Our team prides ourselves not only on our superior products and services, but on our trustworthiness, integrity and our highly visible and reputable position in the marketplace. We take care of your every need from scheduling and packing, to transporting and unpacking your belongings in your new home. We have helped many families and businesses over the years with either local or long-distance moves and look forward to every opportunity to help you and all those in need of our top-rated products and services. See our long-distance moving map to find out all the places we can handle on your journey ahead.
Calculating The Cost of Your Long-Distance Move
Here at The Green Truck Moving & Storage we strive to deliver a simple, transparent quote process to all our potential clients. When calculating your moving estimate we take into consideration the following important factors:
- The date of your move
- The distance you are moving
- The amount (approximate weight) of all of your belongings being transported
- Packing requirements
- Any other add-on services you may request or need.
When all is said and done, we present you with a detailed and efficient moving quote to allow you to make your decision quickly and without question.
Preparing for Your Long-Distance Move
When preparing your long-distance move, our highly skilled and trained movers and consultants have put together a useful checklist to make the tasks at hand much easier.
- Contact our team to schedule your in-home analysis and estimate;
- Once you have signed off on your moving quote, book your moving date;
- Make certain to change your address at the post office and with any other entities, providers, or billing companies to ensure receipt of your mail at your new address;
- Turn off your utilities at the old home and transfer your service to your new home;
- Either discard or donate any items that you will no longer need or will not be transported to the new location. This is an enormous step in getting yourself organized for the big move. Removing as much clutter as possible not only saves time but saves you money;
- Be sure to clear any walkways or driveways of clutter or objects for the arrival of the movers; and
- Set aside any items or heirlooms that you want to have special treatment and/or are fragile. You want to be certain that any valuable items are given extra attention during the move and are not lost or broken.
Moving can certainly be a challenge and incur a great deal of stress and frustration. However, when you rely upon the experts here at The Green Truck Moving & Storage your worries are no more! We are proud and confident of our products, services and teams and look forward to providing you with all your moving needs. Whether a local, or long-distance move, we are definitely the team for you! If a move is in your near future then don’t delay. Contact us today!!