When kids are not occupied, no matter what it is that you’re doing, you’re going to end up having a harder time doing what you need to do. This is because you have to keep them occupied during the entire transaction from start to finish. In addition to this, you’re going to find that the job that would take a couple of hours actually takes twice to three times as long as it should. Don’t let this be you. Use these tips for moving with kids the next time you have to move from one home to another.
- Bring a lot of coloring books, crayons, markers and anything else that can be used to create some of the most award winning pictures. One of the best tips that was given is purchasing blank books that they can create their own stories in. This generally keeps them somewhat busy.
- Give them a craft or problem to solve. This can keep them busy for some time, and will keep their minds occupied, so they do not wander too much while you’re working.
- Always keep snacks and drinks handy in a bag. You want to make sure that they have something to snack on, sip on and that it is within an easy reach away from them so they are not constantly asking you for these items.
- Bring their electronics since this will always keep any kid occupied when the time comes. Just make sure that you have the chargers on hand and ready to go when the battery beeps that it is too low to keep going.
- Bring a whole pack of books, coloring items, electronic devices, their favorite toys and anything else you can think of. Snacks and drinks are a good addition but when you add all of these items to one bag, you cannot fail when it comes to providing them with something to do.