No matter what the time of year may be, surely you want your office move and transition to be an organized and stress free experience. Though the challenges of your office move are many, taking specific precautions in advance of your winter move will contribute to an efficient relocation. In the winter months, as we all know, there are a variety of components to be concerned about. From snow and wind, to ice and freezing temperatures, the obstacles are many. With that said the folks here at The Green Truck Moving & Storage Company want to afford you some important tips for your winter office move.
Our professional team of certified and licensed movers have the experience and definitely the know-how on how to conquer all the winter woes and make your office move both efficient and cost effective as well. To help our valued clients prepare for your winter office move we have put together some helpful tips.
- Pack Well in Advance – Pack your belongings well in advance of the actual move. Ensure that all your items, especially your electronics, fragile items and valuables are packed safely and properly. Take into consideration the frigid cold temperatures and provide for any items that may need to be transported in a heated area.
- Clear a Safe Path to your Office Entrances – In the wintertime snow accumulations on sidewalks and roadways can be a big problem. Make certain that all entrances are completely cleared of snow and ice at both your current location and your new office location. While you are at it, make certain that there is adequate parking available for the moving truck and that there is easy access to both buildings as well.
- Ensure the Utilities are On – Make certain in advance of your move that you turn on the utilities at the new location. It is imperative that the heat and hot water are running not only to ensure the comfort of your new office space but the comfort of your movers as well.
- Protect Your Floor Surfaces – Since it is wintertime you want to be sure to protect all your entrance ways and floors. Using cardboard or some type of throw plastic to cover your floors will protect them from the winter elements. Salt, ice, water and dirt can be tracked into your office space and can typically cause slippery conditions. The use of the cardboard or plastic can avoid these occurrences and any injuries.
- Give Lots of Attention to your Overall Moving Plan – For starters be certain that you have planned out the travel route carefully in your efforts to same time and money. Put together an emergency contact list just in case. Your GPS will help keep you apprised of any travel problems or traffic conditions so be certain you have yours set and ready to go. Keep the phone numbers of your moving team and other important contacts handy from start to finish of the move. Finally, make certain you allow ample time and then some for the entire office move from one location to another. Proper advance planning will contribute to a much more pleasant and organized moving experience.
Though moving in the winter time can be a bit of a challenge, the professionals at The Green Truck Moving & Storage Company got you covered. Proper planning, advance packing, and taking appropriate precautions will certainly take the stress out of your move and help turn it into a flawless experience.
If you are planning an office move, whether across town or out of state, then we are the team for you. You can always count on the professionals at The Green Truck Moving & Storage Company to effectively and efficiently relocate your business regardless of the time of year. Our friendly and professional movers take the utmost of care and consideration as well as caution with our every move. Contact us today for your free quote and consultation. We look forward to serving you and send along wishes for a safe and Happy New Year ahead!!